Anni Carlsson GmbH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This policy applies to our website located at www.annicarlsson.com and related websites, social media accounts, our Facebook & instashop and the services you can access through them.
Anni Carlsson GmbH is the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Anni Carlsson GmbH decides why and how your personal information is processed in connection with those activities. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Anni Carlsson GmbH collects information about you when you actively submit information to www.annicarlsson.com and any of our social media pages, subscribe to the newsletter, create an account, place an order, participate in competitions and/or participate in other activities on the website. We also receive information about you through the use of the Site (i.e. device and Site activity data, traffic data and communication data). We only collect personal information that we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
DEVICE INFORMATIONWhen you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU GIVE USThe personal information that we collect can include, for example, your name, your email address, your private address, your phone number and similar identification data, information about an online purchase and on your navigation of the website.
When submitting information, you will always be informed whether the input is voluntary or a requirement for the implementation of the desired action, such as completing a transaction in our webshop.
We collect your personal information in one or more of the following cases:
- When you make an online purchase at www.annicarlsson.com
- When you subscribe to Anni Carlsson’s newsletter
- When you create a customer account at www.annicarlsson.com
- When you take part in one of Anni Carlsson’s competitions
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTEDWe use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Send newsletters. We send our newsletter through Mailchimp. To opt-out of these, click on unsubscribe and the bottom of the email;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any suppliers or other recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our Site and social media pages. Our Suppliers can be categorised as follows:
- Banks, payment processors: Shopify Payments
- Cloud software system providers, including database, email and document management providers – EEA: Outlook, Mailchimp
- Delivery and mailing services providers: Deutsche Post, DHL, UPS, GO! Express & Logistics Hamburg AG
- Website and data analytics platform providers: Shopify, Mailchimp, Google Analytics
- Website and App developers – WORLDWIDE: Shopify
When we use Suppliers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their services and only where we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR
- Right to erase (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that since we are powering our online store through Shopify. Shopify protects personal data according to the requirements of the GDPR as it is transferred to and processed in the United States and Canada.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECTIf, within the framework of a consideration of interests, we process your personal data on the basis of our predominant legitimate interest, you have the right at any time to object to this processing with effect for the future on the grounds that arise from your particular situation.
If you exercise your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned. However, we reserve the right to further processing if we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for processing which outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data which are used for direct marketing purposes. You may exercise the objection as described above.
If you exercise your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned for direct advertising purposes.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is intended for use by individuals aged 18 and over. We do not knowingly collect personal information about individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Site.
For more information about our privacy practices, or to contact us for any other reason, please write to the Privacy Compliance Officer at the address below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anni Carlsson GmbH, Gätgensstrasse 7, 22587 Hamburg, Germany
VAT Number DE295060722